NCAA Links for Coaches and Athletes!
The NCAA Enforcement Certification and Approvals Group (ECAG) has adopted the USA Basketball Gold Coach License program as a requirement to operate an NCAA-certified event or league OR to participate in coaching activities/sit on the team bench at an NCAA-certified event.
- Step 1: Create your account: Visit the website below and proceed through the registration steps to the payment screen. Remember, to meet the NCAA requirement, you must identify yourself as needing a license for the NCAA requirement, then select and obtain the GOLD Coach License.
Coaches should RENEW their existing USAB gold license and NOT obtain a new one!
- Step 2: Complete a new background check: Once registered you will be taken to your coach dashboard. Select the BACKGROUND SCREENING bubble to begin your background check through the screening partner.·
IMPORTANT: You must start a new background check even if you hold a valid check from last year. This ensures that your license remains in good standing through the license season.
- Step 3: Take your courses: On your dashboard, select the COURSES bubble and complete the three required courses in your account – Youth Development, SafeSport and NCAA Eligibility. The courses typically operate best if you use a Google Chrome internet browser.
Once your background screen is clear and you have completed your courses, you will become automatically licensed through August 31, 2019 and receive the benefits associated with your license.
- Step 4: NCAA Basketball Certification System (BBCS) requirements: You will also need to complete steps required by the ECAG in the BBCS including event/league applications, coach registration, and roster submissions. Visit the website below to register your team with the NCAA. You must have your team registered BEFORE you will be allowed to participate in any of our NCAA certified events:
BBCS : Returning Coach users should RENEW their previous account and NOT create a new one!
What do you need to do in order to be eligible to participate in NCAA-certified events?
- Step 1: please visit the following page that includes links to user resource quick-reference guides and manuals including guidelines and step by step instructions for participants:
- Step 2: Go to the Eligibility Center ( www.eligibilitycenter.org ) where athletes need to register for the FREE DIII/Undecided account using the Athlete QuickStart Guide for assistance:
- Step 3: Athletes need to be registered in the BBCS database: